- Soak the ham in sufficient cold water to cover for 3 hours then discard the water.
- Place the ham, onion stuck with cloves, bay leaf, peppercors and 225 ml of white wine.
- Add sufficient cold water to cover and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and boil gently for 1 hour.
- Make the glaze. Place the brown sugar, 2 tbsp of the orange juice, honey ginger and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
- Drain the ham and discard the vegetables. Reserve the stock for soup if it not too salty.
- Remove the skin from the ham, score the fat into a diamond pattern and stud with cloves.
- Please the ham in a baking dish and pour the remaining wine and orange juice into the pan.
- Cover the ham with one third of the glaze.
- Bake at 220C Gas Mark 6 for 45 minutes.
- Baste the ham withthe pan juices and glaze 3 or 4 times during cooking.
- Discard the pan juices and serve the ham hot or cold.
- Garnish with orange slices and curly endive.