For the ice cream:
- Melt the liquorice in a saucepan.
- Beat the egg yolk in a bowl.
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar together.
- Mix all together in the saucepan and re-heat for a few minutes, stiring all the time or the eggs will curdle.
- When thickened slightly, pour into an ice cream maker and freeze.
For the biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon then add the egg yolk and vanilla and briefly beat to combine.
- Sift over the flour and stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Roll the dough out thinly then using a biscuit cutter (diamond shape), cut out the biscuits.
- Put on a greased oven tray and bake in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes.
For the cherry puree:
- Remove the stones from each cherry and hand blend.
- Place the blended cherries in a pan with the brown sugar and heat slightly over a low flame.
Serve the ice cream in a cocktail glass with the cherry puree drizzled over. Place a biscuits in the top or arrange on a plate with the cocktail glass alongside.