- Warm the mixer bowl and beater thoroughly.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the lightly beaten eggs a little at a time.
- At this stage I add a little flour to prevent curdling.
- Beat the mixture until it returns to being light and fluffy.
- Paste one rounded tbsp of cocoa with 2 tbsp of boiling water and allow to cool before mixing into the cake mixture.
- Then fold in the flour.
- Place the cake mixture into 12 paper cake cases and bake at 175C until golden brown and cooked.
- Usually around 15 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack.
- Make some chocolate icing with icing sugar and cocoa.
- Take a few cookies and crumb them in a polythene bag using a rolling pin and sprinkle the cookies on top of the iced buns.
- Cut the gummi worms in half and place half a worm on each cake.
- If you can resist allow the icing to set for 10 minutes and then enjoy.
A recipe in Gwen's Newsletter.