- Place the eggs and sugar in a warmed bowl and whisk on speed 6 (Kenwood) until very light and thick.
- Seive in the flour and fold into the mixture using the whisk.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F, 220C, Gas Mark 7, Fan 200C
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin.
- Spread the mixture evenly perhaps dropping the tin from a few inches. This will even the mixture around the tin.
- Cook for 8-10 mins or until firm
- Turn out onto a sheet of greased proof paper sprinkled with sugar.
- Spread one with warmed jam.
- Roll and allow to cool before releasing from the paper.
- Alternatively if cream is to be used as a filling the roll the cake immediately out of the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cool, gently unroll it and fill with cream and jam and re-roll.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.