- Mix the egg yolk and water together.
- Place the flour and the cut up butter in the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and the egg yolk and water mixture.
- Mix on low speed just until everything is incorporated.
- Place in a regrigerator and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out onto a floured board to form a round and use it to line a 7" fluted flan ring.
- Prick the bottom well and place a circle of foil over the bottom
- Bake blind at 400F Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.
- The flan ring can be removed half way through the baking to allow the outside to brown.